Filtomatic 25000 and water gone cloudy

Filtomatic 25000 and water gone cloudy

I don’t know what, but I think I must have done something drastically wrong and managed to make the pond water cloudy. I am running a Filtomatic 25000 which has been in place since the pond was constructed about 8-9 months ago. Despite the particularly long and cold winter the filter has been running throughout without problem. Up to about 2 weeks ago the water was more than acceptably clear, to the extent that I could clearly see leaves and organic debris on the pond floor. I decided to get the pond vac out and remove this debris. The vacuumed water was returned to the pond.

As well as vacuuming the pond I also cleaned the filter sponges by pulling the handles several times. Quite a bit of the expressed dirty water from the filters exited the filter through the outlet and back into the pond. The result of having vacuumed the pond and cleaned the filter was very dirty pond water.

Since cleaning, the water temperature has risen by about 10 degrees centigrade, quite a few frogs/toads have appeared resulting a significant amount of spawn. 15 litres of frog spawn has subsequently been transferred to a local wildlife pond. Although a bit clearer than 2 weeks back, I can only just see fish that are within 30-40 cm of the surface.

The pond looks as though it is running without a UVC although it can be seen through the control window. The UVC counter shows that it has only been running for about 4000 hours, no doubt because of the winter water temperature.

What should I do?
      Hello,

you made a crucial mistake, you let the filter run more in the winter even though it is not at all froststsicher and so, of course now the UV lamp have taken a loss.

Vacuum with the pond, you can make a lot of wrong, there was a thick layer of mud at the bottom of the pond?
      If so, it may be that you have again released many nutrients because the pond vacuum not only absorbs but also stirs.

Also, I would sometimes completely remove the filter sponges from Filtomatic and with pond water clean (intensive cleaning).
      The bacteria can reconnect with Staterkulturen.
      I would also buy a new UV lamp.

Sorry if I've been writing what wrong.

greeting
      Stefan
      Liebe Grüße
      Stefan

Weitere Informationen, Test's und Tipps: gartenteich-deutschland.de
      Fragen die den Oase Kundenservice betreffen können nur von Montags - Freitags beantwortet werden.
      Hello Stevec, please use a online-translator like worldlingo.com its´easier for us to read your problem in german and answer in german.

I ´ve translated your first question for all in this forum:

Für alle die vielleicht auch helfen möchten, hier die deutsche Übersetzung aus´m Online-Übersetzer:

"Ich kenne nicht, denken daß was, aber mich, muß ich etwas getan haben, welches drastisch falsch und gehandhabt worden sein worden, um das Teichwasser bewölkt zu bilden. Vor ich lasse ein Filtomatic laufen 25000, das gewesen ist an der richtigen Stelle, seit der Teich ungefähr 8-9 Monaten konstruiert wurde. Trotz des besonders langen und kalten Winters ist der Filter gänzlich ohne Problem gelaufen. Bis zu ungefähr 2 Wochen vor war das Wasser mehr als annehmbar frei, soweit daß ich Blätter und organischen Rückstand auf dem Teichfußboden offenbar sehen könnte. Ich entschied, den Teich VAC heraus zu erhalten und diesen Rückstand zu entfernen. Das gestaubsogene Wasser wurde zum Teich zurückgebracht.
      Sowie das Staubsaugen des Teichs, säuberte ich auch die Filterschwämme, indem ich die Handgriffe mehrmals zog. Das viel ausgedrückte schmutzige Wasser von den Filtern nahm den Filter durch den Anschluß und zurück in den Teich heraus. Das Resultat des Staubsaugens des Teichs und Säubern des Filters war sehr schmutziges Teichwasser.

Seit Reinigung hat die Wassertemperatur sich um ungefähr 10 Grade Celsius geerhöht, ziemlich viele Frösche/Kröten haben ausgesehen resultierend eine bedeutende Menge Fischeier. 15 Liter Froschfischeier ist nachher auf einen lokalen Wildnisteich gebracht worden. Obgleich ein wenig offenbar als 2 Wochen zurückziehen, kann ich Fische nur gerade sehen, die innerhalb 30-40 Zentimeter der Oberfläche sind.

Der Teich schaut, als wenn er ohne UVC läuft, obgleich es durch das Steuerfenster gesehen werden kann. Der UVC Kostenzähler zeigt, daß er nur ungefähr 4000 Stunden lang gelaufen ist, kein Zweifel wegen der WinterWassertemperatur.

Was sollte ich tun?"

Also ein paar Vermutungen von mir:

• Feinstpartikel sind durch das zurückleiten von "gereinigtem" Absaugwasser zurück in den Teich gelangt und verwirbeln (können sich eventuell durch Strömungsverhältnisse nicht setzen)
      • Im Schlamm festsitzende Nährstoffe wurden freigesetzt und sorgen nun für Algenblüte
      • UV-Birne kann trotzdem fehlerhaft sein, ich persönlich tausche 1x im Jahr
      Was du machen könntest:
      • Teilwasserwechsel 1/3
      • für ausreichend Bepflanzung sorgen
      • Wasser aus dem Teichschlammsauger niemals zurück in den Teich laufen lassen
      • UV-Birne wechseln
      Wie sind deine Wasserwerte?
      Grüße
      Schlüser
      Hi,

So some speculations of me:
      - ultrafine particles are reached by the lead back from "cleaned" suctioned water back in the pond and swirl (cannot sit down, perhaps, by current relations)
      - in the mud sticking nutrients were released and now provide for alga blossom
      - UV bulb can be incorrect, nevertheless, I exchange personally 1x in the year

What you could make:
      - part water change 1/3
      - provide for enough plantation
      - waters from the pond vacuum never let go back in the pond

How are your water values?