Biotec 5

Dear forum users,

Mein Deutsch is nicht so gut. Können Sie mir in English hilfen bitte?

We bought a house where we do have a fish pond.
      There is a filter named: Biotec 5 with 3 foam filters in it.
      The waterpomp is pumping but the waterlevel in the Biotec 5 is low.
      The water level is at the same height as the water output.
      Who can help me with this? Because I believe the complete foam filters need to be completely underneeth the water correct?
      The water temperature meter isn't in touch with the water and the other bush isn't either.

Please see the pictures below (click blue arrow for link)

Have a nice evening!
      Thank you in advance

Kind regards,

Starwolf

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Starwolf“ ()

Hello Star Wolf,

I think your problem with the water level is not due to the filter. My guess is that the pump, which is in the pond is too weak.
      If too little water is running purely in the filter, of course, the water level is very low.
      I hope you understand my Englich.

Greetings
      Stefan
      Liebe Grüße
      Stefan

Weitere Informationen, Test's und Tipps: gartenteich-deutschland.de
      Fragen die den Oase Kundenservice betreffen können nur von Montags - Freitags beantwortet werden.
      Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your answer.
      I do understand your English ;)
      The waterpump is strong enough (2000l/h)
      I tried to make the waterlevel higher (I added manually more water out of the fish pond) but the level was discreasing to the same level very quickly.
      It seems to be normal that the output has a higher capacity then the inlet (pump) to avoid overfloting filter systems.
      So I believe it is something else.

Have a nice evening.
      Kind regards
      Dear de Fijnen,
      I did check the sealing rubber (or gummi like you said =) ).
      It is looking good and placed correctly in the groove.
      So maybe is the resistance of the 3 foam filters not good enough?
      or a combination of the water escaping in front of the water basin ( I mean the loose basin where the filters are in), maybe a little along the sealing rubber (gummi) and to fast true the filters?
      Thank you in advance!
      Please see the picture below:

Stefan,
      Think logical. The outlet does always have a higher capacity as the pump to avoid overfloating filters.
      And I also didn't tell the size of mine pond. So your answer makes no sense. Like de Fijnen also said: it has nothing to do with the water pump.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Starwolf“ ()

Hi Starwolf,

that's correct, this has nothing to do with the pump, so i looked at your last picture.
      there are 2 inlets on the Biotec 5, and normally they have to face down.
      if you not have an UVC the water comes only out one inlet. if you have a UVC the water come out on both inlets.
      The strange position is because you have turned it to far,but with a little grease on the gasket you can adjust it.
      be careful with grease use only Turmsilon from Oase , part number 27872.
      On the picture i also see that the water is not really high, don't panic this is normal, because the foams are not good anymore.
      if you replace the foams the water will come a little bit higher. but they will never be completely under water.
      If yoy replace the foams you have to put biokick in your Filter, part number 51277.

Tip: when you gonna clean the foams never do it with garden hose! just take a bucket with pond water and clean the foams therein, otherwise your bacteria will disappear.

The water flow depends of the pump capacity. the minimum flow for the Biotec 5 is 2000L/h and the maximum flow is 5500L/H.

Biotec 5 + Aquamax 2000 + Bitron 15 = 4m³ without fish - 2m³ with fish - 1,5m³ with koi fish
      Biotec 5 + Aquamax 3500 + Bitron 15 = 6m³ without fish - 3m³ with fish - 2m³ with koi fish
      Biotec 5 + Aquamax 5500 + Bitron 15 = 9m³ without fish - 4m³ with fish - 3m³ with koi fish

if you have questions just shoot. i also have the original spare part list see picture below.

grts