Bitron 72 intermittent UVC light

Bitron 72 intermittent UVC light

I have a Bitron 72 which I bought in 2001. This spring when putting my filter again in operation I observed that UV indicator didn't light up. In fact when I connect the Biotec to the power line, the indicator lights up one or two seconds and than goes out. I changed the UVC-lamps, but this doesn't change anything. I guess there is a problem with the alimentation. Do You have some advice. I couldn't find any on the forum, but because the forum is manly in German, maybe I missed it.

Many thanks for your help,

Rik
      Dear Mr Schluser,

Thank you for your fast response. In the mean time I checked on internet for the price of a new electro-unit: about 150 euro! I find this is excessively expensive for what it is. Maybe I will try to find more documentation about the unit and repair it myself, it should not be black magic. Another option is to try to use my Biotec without it.

Best regards,

Rik
      Good news,
      After several weeks of green water, I succeeded to repair the electro-unit and one week later the water became transparent. So the Bitron 72 is really useful.
      The other good news is that I succeeded to repair the Bitron 72 at no cost. I found that one of the contacts of the electro-unit was corroded and even partially disappeared. Soldering the wire directly on the contact solved the problem.
      Finally I also found that you can replace the electro-unit by a "Philips HF-Basic 236TL" which you can by on internet for 28 Euro plus taxes and transport.

Best regards,

Rik