Dirty Water

I have the Biosmart 30000 new about 4 weeks ago. It has cleared all my green water algea problem it left me with beautiful clear water.
      This week the pond went down a little due to evaporation but the water is not now clear its sort of dirty, not green, just mucky water.

I cleaned the filter out today even though the pollution indicator had not risen it was still down, and we topped up with fresh water.
      In the filter was a bit of "scum" I have cleaned that off now.

Any ideas why it has turned dirty?

Schlüser schrieb:

Hi Denise,

do you add new plants in your pond during the last time?
      Do you have stones on the ground of your pond?

Greetings

Schlüser

Hi
      No I have not added any new plants, just the existing ones.
      4 Water Lillies
      some plants in a tub standing on the first shelf of the pond.
      No stones in the bottom of the pond.

When weed dies or the algea dies off does that turn the water dirty?

2 koi spawned with about 6 days apart that was last week, all the eggs are out as far as I can see, would that make a difference.
      Hi Denise,

i remeber: you have an relative small pond for vera much koi´s. Right?

Here are some opinions which are possible for your dirty water:

• to much protein in your water (cause of to much fish, high protein feeding and spawn koi´s)
      • mud on the ground
      • high water temperature
      What should you do now?
      • reduce your fishes
      • change 1/3 of your pond water
      • take care for the protein in your fodder (for example Wheat Germ or Kusuri Multi Season fodder)
      Please excuse my bad english :rolleyes:

Greetings
      Schlüser
      Hallo Stefan,

kannst du mich hier mal bitte kurz unterstützen?

Ich versuche nur ihr mitzuteilen das der Bestand bei dieser Teichgröße zu hoch ist und sie um ihr Wasser in den Griff zu bekommen jetzt schon mit Proteinarmen Weizenkeim Futter füttern sollte.

Irgendwie versteht sie mich nicht...

Oder aber aufgrund des Überbestandes will sie´s nicht verstehen (kommt öfter vor)

Vielleicht versteht sies ja wenn ihr noch ein 2. erklärt...

Grüße

Schlüser
      Hello,
      your fish load is too high for your pond size us so you will not get the water under control. Please reduce your inventory.
      At best you should already with low protein wheat germ feed feed.

Greetings
      Stefan
      Liebe Grüße
      Stefan

Weitere Informationen, Test's und Tipps: gartenteich-deutschland.de
      Fragen die den Oase Kundenservice betreffen können nur von Montags - Freitags beantwortet werden.
      Hello Schluser

I have had the person who installed the osase biosmart 30000 to come and look at our pond. He found that the rubber gasket that goes on the outlet under the tray had become dislodged. This was causing the water to not go through the filter sponges and collect the dirt, the water was flowing over and out back to the pond. This is the reason why also the pollution indicator was not rising.

We took the tray off the filter to empty so we could move the filter to another position and the gasket came off and was underneath the tray. The water is now clearing as it should

Schluser I think you should really get your facts right before you start suggesting getting rid of fish. These koi we have, we have had for about 13 years and have become beloved pets. What you suggested was extremely upsetting. There is nothing wrong with my pond size whatsoever after having advise from a British Koi Group.

If I had got rid of my fish like you suggested and then found this solution out, I really would be more than upset. I would seriously suggest you rethink on what advise you give on these forums.
      Dear Denise,

the old opinion with 1 Koi per m³ is wrong. If you love your fishes you should also think wahts good for them.

It should be 3m³ per Koi.

And a very important fact: If you use a german forum please use an online dictionary.

More than 3 Koi´s in 6000 liters is an cruelty of animals.

Its nice for you that your water is soooo good an the fishes are so beutiful.

But this cruelty can i only condemn.

Once more:

If you don´t need my advise, don´t ask.
      Its interest that any otherone here is contently with my advises

Only a few in this forum would answer in english or understand such an unsatisfactory description of the problems.

I hope i didn´t do wrong to say the truth

Good Bye (i´ll never write again to you)

Schlüser

Schlüser schrieb:

Dear Denise,

the old opinion with 1 Koi per m³ is wrong. If you love your fishes you should also think wahts good for them.

It should be 3m³ per Koi.

And a very important fact: If you use a german forum please use an online dictionary.

More than 3 Koi´s in 6000 liters is an cruelty of animals.

Its nice for you that your water is soooo good an the fishes are so beutiful.

But this cruelty can i only condemn.

Once more:

If you don´t need my advise, don´t ask.
      Its interest that any otherone here is contently with my advises

Only a few in this forum would answer in english or understand such an unsatisfactory description of the problems.

I hope i didn´t do wrong to say the truth

Good Bye (i´ll never write again to you)

Schlüser

I don't want you to write to me again as you say cruely to animals and yet you were telling me to get rid of my fishes. Goodby to Oase German. At least Oase UK was better advice. Now I will remove myself from this forum. You gave wrong advice as it was the filter that was wrong not my fish.