Biosmart 30000 Cleaning

Biosmart 30000 Cleaning

I have just bought the Biosmart 30000 and it is in operation, my question is when cleaning the sponges and then empty the box, I need to clean them again as my pond is extremely dirty.

Can I clean the sponges by using the hose pipe connected to the outside tap or do I have to use the pump to fill it up again, this method I have to top up the pond so much as the filters need 2 or 3 times cleaning at the moment.

Also anyone know how I can read this forum in English please I cannot find a setting for that.
      Hi Denise,

i´ll try it in my bad english...:

The Biosmart 30.000 has an fresh water supply (part number 8) which you can use to clean your sponges.Connect it to your garden hose. The dirt goes outside at the sludge drain (Part Number 4).

Please don´t clean your sponges to much, thats not good for the biology of your pond and filter.

I hope that i could help you.

Grettings

Schlüser

Schlüser schrieb:

Hi Denise,

i´ll try it in my bad english...:

The Biosmart 30.000 has an fresh water supply (part number 8) which you can use to clean your sponges.Connect it to your garden hose. The dirt goes outside at the sludge drain (Part Number 4).

Please don´t clean your sponges to much, thats not good for the biology of your pond and filter.

I hope that i could help you.

Grettings

Schlüser

Thank you for that, I do need to clean it right now as I cannot see more than 3" so hopefully it won't take long.
      The pond is 5000-6000 litres, with 9 koi a with a couple at 18". We only installed the filter yesterday. Before that I had a Hozelock bioforce 9000 and this clearly was not doing its job anymore.

I have had green water for over a year now, I was recommended to get the Oase Biosmart 30000 so we installed it yesterday. Today the red indicator was up to say it needed cleaning, so I just cleaned the sponges once, squeezing them 4 times each. Then drained off using the sludge sluice gate, filled the filter back up using the pump and pond water, but it really needed to do the sponges again, thats why I asked if it was ok to use the garden hose to clean them a second time.
      Hi,

Denise51 schrieb:

thats why I asked if it was ok to use the garden hose to clean them a second time.

its ok :thumbup:

For your pond you should also use an UV-C Unit Bitron 24C and a Aquamax Eco Premium 10.000 as pomp.
      A better choice as filter would be the Biotec 12 been...

To your fishes:

with 6.000 Liters you should only have 3 Koi´s. Otherwise its not good for the Koi´s and your water...
      Thats my experience after 17years with ponds an 6years whits "All about Pond" in the Job.

Greetings

Schlüser