Oase Screenmatic 12-18

Oase Screenmatic 12-18

Hello there,
      im sorry but i dont speak german.
      I hope that will not be a problem to have an answer at my question.
      I have the idea to add to my pond an oase screenmatic 12 or 18 but i use salt in the water to preserve my koi carps and for what i saw that is incompatible because those filters use zeolite in the filter tubes.
      Also i saw is possible to replace the tubes with Phosless.
      The question is, the screenmatic 18 comes out as default with zeolite or with the Phosless in the tubes?
      Phosless can have problem with salt in the water?
      I hope that will come out as defoult with the 18 model cause i dont want to change the tubes before to use the filter.
      Thanks for every answer and have a nice day,
      Luigi
      Hello, my english is not very good.
      I think the biggest problem is the location of the sponges where the bacterial cultures should live. I'm almost sure that the salt will kill the bacteria. They are very important for clean water because they eat the dirt.
      you can use saltwater to reactivate the phosless when its saturatet with phosphate.
      Gruß an alle Wasserratten
      Gido

heideteichteam.de/
      Hi Luigi,
      The Biotec Screenmatics are supplied as standard with zeolite cartridges in the final chamber. You are correct in thinking you cannot use zeolite in salt water as the salt will cause the ammonia collected by the zeolite to be 'dumped' into the water (you can use salt water to re-charge zeolite in this way).
      It is possible to change the zeolite for Phosless, but this is something that is done by the customer, we cannot supply the filters with Phosless as standard. Phosless can be used in water with salt, but it will work at a lower efficiency level, and the salt may cause one of the materials to become slightly rusty due to the iron in the material. However, Phosless has not been tested in salt water so the results cannot be guaranteed.
      Phosless cannot be re-charged - once it has absorbed the maximum possible nutrients (such as Phosphates), it should be discarded and replaced.
      So, in this instance I would recommend either using a different filter media in the final chamber that is suitable for use in salt water, or possibly look at the ProfiClear modular filters as an alternative.
      Kind regards

Andy Wright

OASE UK Ltd.
      Thanks Andy for your answer,
      i was thinking to use the screenmatic cause i love the way it work with the sieve.
      Maybe i could try to change the zeolite with something else to be insert in the tubes, like bioelements, or honey comb, or i dont know what else.
      Otherwise i use regular salt in my pond. My koi looks perfect with it, and the healt is good too, but the concentration is very low, like 3kg every 1000lt that mean i have a concentration of 0.003. and is no iodine salt.
      The proficlear is a good system but my pond is 8000lt and i think is too much for it and very expensive also ;)
      Thanks for now again...
      Best regards,

Luigi